This article originally posted on GinnTree.com on July 14, 2015.
Can’t find time to make an appointment with your Reiki practitioner? Here are a few simple ways you can incorporate Reiki into your daily life to keep you going (many of these involve charging items with Reiki beforehand for use at any time):
- As you lay in bed, set your intention, lay your hands in a comfortable position on or around you, relax, and drift off into blissful sleep.
- Food and drinks
- Before you sit down to eat, take a few seconds to cleanse your food (and drinks) of negative energies; the better to nourish your mind, body, and soul.
- Reiki your teas, coffees, cooking oils, milk, etc after your grocery run so you don’t have to worry about it later.
- Let your Reiki charged coasters do all the work while you and your guests sit back and relax.
- This also helps ease and heal past traumas of the plants and animals we consume.
- Prepared beforehand, you can light them any time for a little extra boost for parties, relaxing after a rough day, or to calm a group of rowdy children.
- In the washroom
- Take a bath in Reiki infused water!
- If you like salts, oils, or herbs in your baths, prep them when you bring them home from the store so you’ll have a little extra Reiki to dip into.
- Also prepare your soaps and shampoos so they, too, can boost your cleansing routine.
- Hang a Reiki infused charm from the middle of your shower spout so as the water flows over it, it’ll aid the water’s ability to cleanse you.
- Reiki your phone cover or a small sticker to put directly on your phone, tv, and computer (etc.) to help clear any negative energies they may emit.
- Around the home or office
- Infuse small stones or other objects to put around the room, plants, garden, and pet kennels or bed areas.
- Get your water delivered? Reiki those water bottles as you change them out.
- Or maybe you use a water filter. Charge the filters when changing them out. This is a great way for your family, plants, and pet companions to also receive Reiki.
- If you love gardening, Before planting or transplanting, give Reiki to the seeds, seedings, or root ball. Both you and the local wildlife will benefit from these plants.
- You CAN take it with you
- Charge pieces of jewelry and your travel mug so you can receive Reiki when you’re out and about.
As a side note, observe whether Reiki energy increases relaxation or is more stimulating, and during which times of day. If stimulating in the evening, receive Reiki in the morning instead of bedtime and remove Reiki stones from your bedroom for the evening. You may also find that items you charge with Reiki for later use may need recharging once in a while.
And remember: you don’t need to be Reiki attuned to channel loving energy. Set your intention and spread the love :).
What would you add to the list?
Courtney Ginn is a certified Reiki and Massage Practitioner. She combines her Usui and Practical (Kundalini) Reiki training with various modalities to create personalized sessions for her human and animal clients alike. For more information, please visit her at GinnTree.