The Body Cafe’ offers a diverse menu of massage and bodywork modalities. Our skilled therapists often blend techniques to offer you a custom, personalized session. You may also request a specific massage modality when booking your appointment.
Each therapist sets his/her own pricing and offers different styles of massage and bodywork. Our standard prices are $85 for an hour, $105 for 75 minutes and $120 for 90 minutes, but our therapists offer package discounts for multiple massages, and some offer first-time client pricing. Please contact us for more details.
Here are some of the many modalities offered by our therapeutic collective:
- Swedish Massage – the most common and best-known type of massage in the West.
- Deep Tissue Massage – If you can tolerate more pressure, even discomfort, to get relief from muscle pain, deep tissue is similar to Swedish but, well, deeper.
- Thai Table Massage developed in Thailand, and influenced by the traditional medicine systems of India, China, and Southeast Asia, as well as by yoga.
- Trigger Point Therapy – designed to alleviate the source of the pain through cycles of isolated pressure and release.
- Acupressure – actually a range of techniques, but usually focusing on firm pressure on specific spots to relieve pain and knots.
- Myofascial Release (also known as myofascial trigger point therapy) is a type of safe, low load stretch that releases tightness and myofascial pain
- Sports Massage/ Pre and Post Event – professional and amateur athletes all over the world enjoy the benefits of therapeutic massage. plan your massage at least 6-12 hours before a hard workout, or any time after your competition.
- Aromatherapy – the practice of using the natural oils extracted from flowers, bark, stems, leaves, roots or other parts of a plant to enhance psychological and physical well-being.
- Reflexology – works as the pressure techniques applied to the feet or hands interact as a part of the body’s nervous system creating: relaxation, improved circulation, exercise of the nervous system and the benefits of touch.
- Reiki – a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing.
- Lomi Lomi – The word Lomi Lomi simply means massage. What it is, is a unique healing massage derived from the ancient Polynesians and more specifically the master healers of Hawaii.
- Pregnancy Massage – massage specifically designed to assist with relaxation, health and blood flow for pregnant women.
- Couples Massage – The Body Café can sometimes accommodate couples, where both partners receive massage at the same time. We have limited space so please reserve this well in advance.
- Shiatsu – sometimes called Zen shiatsu, is a Japanese form of physiotherapy, and is similar to acupressure
- Chair Massage – The Body Café has massage chairs to accommodate those who prefer this particular method, which leaves the client clothed. We also travel to events to provide this service where it can be done in public places.
Brief descriptions of most of these modalities may also be found at http://en.wikipedia.org. Our therapists have very diverse training, and within each modality there is a range of techniques, and sometimes even philosophies, so you are encouraged to contact us with any questions about a specific modality.